Should I call for a plumber to fix blocked drains?
Being a common problem, blocked drains happens almost in every household. Instead of calling a plumber, we want to solve these small issues on our own by learning a few tricks.
Being a common problem, blocked drains happens almost in every household. Instead of calling a plumber, we want to solve these small issues on our own by learning a few tricks. These tricks even work sometimes. But sometimes, it is so severe that it’s out of our hands to fix it. The more we try to fix it, the more problems are increased because, to be honest, we don’t have the exact idea of the drainage system. Whether it is indoors or outside the house blocked drains could happen because of multiple reasons. The major is the collection of waste objects and materials in the drains or pipes. These objects or materials could be any paper-like substance like tissues, sanitary products, wipes, napkins, hair, small pieces of food items, or greasy liquid. All of these things collect at a point and make our drains get blocked. We don’t realize it, but flushing these down is the major cause of blocked drains. In some cases, it gets blocked in such a bad way that we have to call for a blocked drains plumber. You should immediately call a plumber if you notice any sign of blocked drains.
- Signs of blocked drains you should look for before calling a plumber
- Your basins, toilets, or baths tubs will become slower than usual.
- The toilets will be filling higher or will be overflowing with increasing rate day by day.
- When the toilet is flushed, or the baths or basins are released, the yard gully will overflow.
- The sewer access pits will start overflowing too.
- There will be a gurgling noise in the drains.
- Causes behind the blocked drain or blocked sewer
- There is a slight chance that the pipes are laid poorly
- Sometimes, tree roots mess with the pipes of your property
- As I mentioned earlier, waste materials like wet wipes, tissues, napkins, hair, etc. get stuck in somewhere while being flushed down the toilets
- There could be damages to the crushed pipes
- The sewer or the drainage system wasn’t maintained properly.
- Some toxic chemicals were poured into the sewer or reacted with pipes, and the pipes melted, causing a blockage.
Blocked sewers are harder to fix by hand. Call a plumber to fix the blocked sewer. With the help of technical machines and modern equipment, they solve these bizarre problems in no time. There are many methods and equipment they are trained with like CCTV plumbing camera, Electric Eel or Sewer Snake, and High-Pressure Cleaning Hose. The best sewer plumbing companies have skilled and licensed plumbers. They are experts in the field and can take care of your blocked drains and sewers faster than anyone.
When the situation is so bad, the water can spread everywhere and can cause further damage to the property. In that case, immediately call a plumber to get it fixed. There are good plumbing companies that are open 24×7 for the services. Many plumbers fix it for temporary use only and will charge you too much without telling you the actual reason behind the blockage. So, go for a trusted plumbing company that charges you moderately and tells you the actual reason behind the cause of a blockage. Some plumbers brief you with all those things and even tell you how to take care of it yourself in the future.