Guide to Change Spectrum Router WiFi Username
Keeping your preferred WiFi username could be useful to locate it on the list of available wireless networks. If you have a Spectrum Router, you can set a desired WiFi username by following some simple steps. However, if you don’t know how to change Spectrum WiFi username, things can be a little difficult, especially if you are new to wireless routers. Here, we will discuss how you can change the WiFi username of a Spectrum Router and will help you gather some valuable insights into using the device properly.
Prerequisites to Change Spectrum Router WiFi Username
Before we discuss how to change the WiFi username of a Spectrum Router, it’s important that you know the default IP address, the username, adn the default password of the router. To change the WiFi username of the router, you need all this information to open the router login page and log into the admin console. In a nutshell, you require the below-mentioned information before changing the WiFi username of your Spectrum Router:
- IP address of the router
- The username
- The login password of the router
You can find all this information in the user manual that comes along with the router. Alternatively, you can locate all this information at the back or bottom of the router. As such, you can simply flip the router and locate the details required for logging into the router admin console. If you are looking for an answer to queries like how do I log into my Spectrum Router, you can use these details.
How to Change the Spectrum Router WiFi Username?
Once you have all the required information for logging into the router admin console, follow the below-mentioned steps to change the WiFi username of your Spectrum Router:
- Connect the router to a computer using an Ethernet cable. You can also connect the devices wirelessly.
- Once the connection is established, open an internet browser on your computer.
- Type the IP address of the router in the browser’s address bar and press Enter to open the router login page.
- Enter the username and the password in the relevant fields and click on “Login” to log into the router management console.
- Click on “Wireless” and follow the on-screen instructions to change the WiFi username of the router.
Once you change the WiFi username of the Spectrum Router, click on the “Apply” button to save the changes. In case you see the Spectrum WiFi Router red light, don’t panic. It can be due to a lack of communication between the router and your modem. So, check if the Ethernet cable connecting the router and the modem is in proper condition. You can replace the cable if required.