Types of posts and articles we accept:
We welcome high-quality content that has some value for readers. Especially:
- How-to’s, DIY – issue settling posts and tutorials (see example: How to get your website on Google search)
- Lists – streamline information into a numbered list that’s easy for readers to read, share and put into action (see example: 10 Australia’s highest paying jobs)
- Checklists and To-do’s (see example: What to pack for your trip to Australia)
- Why, what, where (see example: 12 fun & worthwhile activities to do in Queensland)
- Controversial (eg. 10 Reasons why responsive design can damage your business.)
- Informative (see example: What to do when your website gets copied?)
- News, reporting news, opinions
Before publishing your content:
Before we get to the details, here’s a summary of our style guidelines (your article will be deleted if you don’t follow this guide):
BIO – All guest writers need to include their BIO (of a person, not business). Our readers value posts with author biographies and clearly accessible social media links and contacts.
- Subheading (H2) immediately after main article heading (H1)
- Use additional headings (H3) and (H4) plus bulleted lists to aid scannability
Lowercase – Titles and headings should be written in the title case. We don’t accept content with Uppercase titles and headings.
Length – A minimum of 800 words (maximum 1,700 words).
Original – Content that has been published elsewhere or content that has been re-written/spinned will not be accepted.
Writing standards – We only publish writing that is of high quality and meets our quality standards.
Images – We only use images that are royalty-free images. We don’t allow writers to upload these images. However, you can suggest which image to use by including links to these images and we will download them.
Types of articles not accepted – There are a few types of articles that we do not accept:
- adult or mature content
- job postings
- advice columns
- gambling content
- property listings
- finance advice
- self-promotional or press releases
Your article’s goal should be based on your experience and expertise.
External links – All links included are ‘nofollow’ and must be used for reference, and clearly identifiable to the reader what they’re being linked to. Sending people back to random websites or a home page is just a waste of time. If you want to include a link to your own website (homepage), please do it in your BIO section.
Internal links – please add at least 1-2 internal links (links to other articles published on our website), we have lots of useful stuff.
Editing and publishing – As editors, we reserve the right to edit your content for our audience, or send your pieces back for revisions to better fit our audience. In most cases, articles will be reviewed within 10 days.
Social sharing and engagement – We strongly encourage you to share content on your social channels, and engage with others that are sharing and interacting with your content. Not only does this help your brand get more exposure, but it drives views to your article.
The common reasons why articles are rejected >>> click here.
When you do not follow our guidelines or your content does not match our standards then your articles are rejected. So, read the guidelines and requirements well before writing so that you have the maximum chance to get your articles published.
We look forward to reading your guest post!